Acne is a common skin disorder and pimples, blackheads and papules are symptoms of it. According to your skin type and condition, it’s best advised to follow a skin care routine and using a mild acne cleanser is the first step.
Based on your needs, pick up a mild acne cleanser ASAP.
Ingredients to look for in anti-acne products:
- Benzoyl peroxide: If you’re new to otc acne products and don’t know what to buy start with benzoyl peroxide. When you’re starting any new chemical product start with the lower strengths (percentage of chemicals) like choose 2.5% benzoyl peroxide over 10%. Most of the time the product works the same and there won’t be many side effects. Benzoyl peroxide is well tolerated by most people. It works by killing acne-causing bacteria, removes excess oil from the skin, and removes dead cells which might clog pores.it works best on red pus-filled pimples. Peroxide has a bleaching effect so be cautious. Less is more.
- Salicylic acid: to prevent mild acne (blackheads and whiteheads) and future breakouts salicylic acid is prescribed. It works by exfoliating skin and keeping clogged pores clear. higher concentrations of salicylic acid are used as chemical peel and it usually dries out the skin.
† Neutrogena deep clean facial cleanser.
- Alpha hydroxy acids: these remove dead skin cells and reduce inflammation. the types of AHAs are lactic acid, mandelic acid, glycolic acid. These work quicker compared to other chemicals. Visible results can be seen within a week.
- Sulfur: sulfur removes the top layer of dead skin cells and is beneficial for blackheads and whiteheads, decreasing the redness and size of pimples.
- Tea tree oil: its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties may help with acne. It’s an essential oil and should be diluted when applied to the skin. Its generally used as a cleanser
- Retinol: this helps by getting rid of the top layer of dead skin cells and increasing skin cell turnover rate. It also improves the overall texture and tone of your skin.
List of acne-cleansers available in India(under ₹500)
1)Plum pore cleansing face wash
Aqua (Water), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Cellulose Beads, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ethylhexylglycerin, FDA Approved Colours, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycolic acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Laureth Sulphate.
2)Simple Daily Skin Detox Purifying Facial Wash
Rated: 4.2 /5
Aqua, Hamamelis Virginiana Leaf Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Hydrated Silica, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Pantolactone, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Thymus Vulgaris Flower/Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Zinc PCA.
3)Re’equil Oil Control & Anti Acne Face Wash
Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Decyl Glucoside, Hexylene Glycol, Coco-Glucoside, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glyceryl Oleate, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance, C.I 42090, C.I. 19140
4)Cetaphil oily skin cleanser
5)Mamaearth vitamin c foaming face wash
6) Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser – Kashmiri Saffron & Neem
Steam Distilled Rose Water, Steam Distilled Marigold Water, Steam Distilled Jasmine Water, Steam Distilled Kewada Water, Neem Infusion, Organic Honey, Nagkesar, Anantmool, Pure Saffron Extract, Kumud.
7) Dermafique Acne Avert Cleansing Mousse
Aqua, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerine, Disodium Laureth Sulfoccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocate, Decyl Glucoside, Zinc Pca, Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide, Allantoin, D-Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Pca, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dmdm Hydantoin, Fragrance, Tetrasodium Edta, Butyl Hydroxy Toluene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool.
8) Mamaearth Face Wash With Tea Tree Oil And Neem Extract For Acne & Pimples
Aqua, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Neem Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Aloe Vera Extract, D Panthenol, Lavender Oil, and Tea Tree Oil.
9) Kaya Acne Free Purifying Cleanser, with Salicylic Acid for oily & combination skin
Rated: 4.3 /5
Aqua, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates/Steareth-20, Methacrylate Copolymer, PEG/PPG-8/3 Diisostearate, Triethanolamine, Salicylic Acid, Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters, Sodium PEG-7, Olive Oil, Carboxylates, PEG 12, Dimethicone, Glycerin, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, Methyl Paraben, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA.
10) Bodywise acne control foaming wash Salicylic Acid Face Wash
Rated: 4.7 /5
Aqua, C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Maltooligosyl Glucoside and Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Coco-Glucoside and Glyceryl Oleate, Cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate
List of acne-cleansers available in India(under ₹1000)
1)Cetaphil gentle foaming cleanser
Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Sodium Benzoate, Polysorbate 20, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate.
2)Cetaphil daily exfoliating cleanser
Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Heliotropine, Phenoxyethanol, Polyquaternium-10, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Masking Fragrance.
3)Sebamed clear free cleansing foam ph 5.5
Rated:4. 4 /5
Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betainamide MEA Chloride, Cocotrimonium Methosulfate, Sodium Lactate, Panthenol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol.
4)Neutrogena oil-free acne wash
Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% (Acne Treatment).
Inactive ingredients: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Polysorbate 20, Linoleamidopropyl Pg-Timonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Fragrance, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Pg-Timonium Chloride Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 40, Violet 2.
5)Neutrogena extra gentle cleanser
Rated: 4.3 /5
Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Isohexadecane, TEA-Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor oil, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Bisabolol, Anthemis Nobilis flower extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/ C10-30, Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, BHT, Geranium Maculatum Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben.
6) Kama Ayurveda Anti Acne Cleansing Foam
7) Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel
Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (Ci 61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Zinc Gluconate
8) COSRX Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser
Water, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glycol Distearate, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Salicylic Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Willow Bark Water, Saccharomyces Ferment, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethyl Hexanediol, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA
9)COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
Rated:4.4 / 5
Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid, Niacinamide, Sodium Hydroxide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol
10) Bioderma Sebium Gel Moussant
Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Methylpropanediol, Disodium Edta, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Peg-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Lactic Acid, Laureth-2, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance (Parfum).
To find the acne cleanser best suited for your skin you’ve to use trial and error methods. Start a skincare routine early in life to find out what suits you and stick to it.