The Best and Worst Korean Skincare Brands- available in India
Korean skincare has taken over the world with its hot trends like 10 step skincare routine, glass skin routines, and popularized sheet masks, lip masks, and toners. They invented bb creams cc creams and Korean products have completely changed the skincare and makeup industry. Korean skincare products focus on their philosophy, formulations, and delivering the very best at cheap rates possible so one can try out various products until they find one right for their skin.
Why Korean skincare Products are Better?
- Cheap for Quality Products: The Korean beauty market has been able to offer products at a low price because of high demand. Companies are faced with so much competition from their competitors that they have no choice but to lower their prices.
- Unique ingredients: they focus on natural and sometimes weird ingredients like donkey milk, bee venom, and snail mucous to name a few Usage of Revolutionary techniques to create their items. They ferment their ingredients in salt water to encourage the growth of good bacteria. When the fermentation process is all done, the formulas are able to deeply penetrate the skin as no other products can.
- Innovation: They’re always developing new and exciting products, other Companies across the globe are struggling to even keep up.
- More about prevention than cure: Koreans don’t wait until a pesky skin problem occurs. They start using products at a very early age to prevent signs of aging, wrinkles, and fine lines. They use acne-fighting products before pimples form, and they use eye masks years before small lines appear on their skin.
- Focussed on sunscreen: Korean sunscreens have access to more ingredients and their innovative sunscreen formulas offer long-range protection against UVA rays. Korean Culture is tied to technological advancements and companies work around the clock to create new products.
So it’s time for you to include Korean products in your skin care regime and here’s some best brands available
Best Korean Skincare brand(available in India)
This list focuses on brands that are easily accessible, have very little fragrance, fewer skin irritants and chemicals, and somewhat budget-friendly(as export and tax take up more money).
It uses gentle ingredients, fragrance free and has good Packaging.
- Clean Lotus Water Cream
- Skin Essentials Activating Treatment Lotion
It’s cleanness and honesty by using the island of nature, which reminds us of the clean image of the skin, natural leaves that seem to fill the skin with nature. Fragrance-free and colorless. Ingredients are put that are really needed for your skin
● Isntree Green Tea Fresh Toner
● Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Gel Cream
Great ingredients and packaging is sustainable and reusable(yay win for earth)
● MIRACLE SEED ESSENCE
Klairs is a Vegan & Eco Friendly Korean skincare brand best suitable for sensitive skin. Klairs respects the beauty of the environment and hence carries healthy values & concerns towards our planet Earth. Their products are simple and contain only the most necessary ingredients – NO colorants, NO alcohol, NO parabens, NO artificial fragrances. Klairs always makes sure to create products with only the most effective, raw, and natural ingredients, all of which have passed the safety measures of a research lab specializing in dermatology brand skincare. Their products don’t contain components that can irritate sensitive skin. In addition, since 2010, they have not tested any of the products on animals. They are working to putting down animal testing, so their products are all cruelty-free.
- Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner
- Klairs Supple Preparation All Over Lotion
With COS standing for cosmetics, and RX for prescriptions, COSRX started out with a simple aim: to provide solutions for skin problems. COSRX has a very simple philosophy which has remained consistent throughout their existence – simple ingredients that result in great formulas.
- Cosrx Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser
- COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
Buy now:₹1590 for 100ml
Worst Korean skincare brands
Although there are some good products in each of these brands, only based on the presence of chemical irritants, fragrance, and essential oils which upsets sensitive skin these brands are termed as worst.
- Tony Moly
Tony Moly is more focused on aesthetics and cutesy packaging rather than formulations. They haven’t put time and effort to develop good formulations and there’s the presence of skin irritants. The quality of products is quite average.
- Amore Pacific
There’s presence of skin irritants and for the quality offered the price is quite expensive.
- The faceshop
Even though cleansers are good there is presence of essential oils and irritants.
Though there are some good products this too has irritatige ingredients present. Go through the ingredients list while buying.
The brand has pretty good products except for there’s presence of intense fragrance. If your skin isn’t sensitive or isn’t allergic to chemical fragrances you can try out this brand.
With many brands now being available in India, it’s a great time to start trying out Korean skincare brands. Start a skincare routine early in life like Koreans practice Prevention is better than cure.