Do You Have Oily Dehydrated Skin? Tips to deal with oily skin.
What is oily dehydrated skin?
You might have oily skin on the outside. However, you might have dry inner skin on the inside
How to check you have oily dehydrated skin?
Check for these signs
- By midday, your skin looks oily but it actually feels dry
- Due to oily skin, your makeup clogs up.
- Face feels extra dry after washing
- Even after exfoliation, makeup still cakes up
- Easily spot large and small pores
- Thin wrinkles under the eyes and around the mouth
- Hard to find cosmetics that suits you
- Extra greasy around T-zone area
- Hair seems dry, but one day of Non-washing causes stickiness of the scalp
- Dry lips during summer.
If you checked for minimum 6 of these points you have oily dehydrated skin.
Your water-oil balance in your skin is unstable which makes your inner skin dry. Your outer skin trying to protect it secretes more oil. You’ll feel the tightness of dry skin and greasy and sticky on the outside. It is important to manage your sebum balance and give full moisture to your skin.
Here’s tips to include in your skincare:
- Use lighter products in multiple stages
Because of the excess sebum production, the outer layer is really thick,therefore you tend to build up more dead skin cells. Even if you apply a thick moisturizer, it won’t absorb into your skin. Therefore use a lighter non-comedogenic product.
- Exfoliate dead skin cells.
Exfoliate gently those dead skin cells without irritation. When you have oily dehydrated skin, exfoliating harshly can weaken the stratum corneum layer. For gentle exfoliation use an AHA toner product.
Exfoliate once or twice a week and don’t overdo it.
- Use a weak acidic cleanser.
Since your water-oil balance is unstable, using a foam-type acidic cleanser helps bring skin’s water and oil balance. Normal skin balance is 5~7 which is slightly acidic.
- A weak acidic cleanser prevents drying of inner skin’s moisture and leaves skin moisturized
- The gentle foam will just get rid of the unnecessary waste of your skin
- Use a cleanser where you can feel your skin moisturized even after cleansing.
- Use deep hydration toner
A deep hydration toner will allow your skin to be deeply hydrated. The main ingredients should be
- Sodium hyaluronate
Do not use products that contain alcohol.
5) Lower the skin’s temperature.
One of the main reasons for oily dehydrated skin is the heat of your face. For every 1° temperature raised, the amount of sebum level increases by 10%!
Therefore lower your skin’s temperature by using a serum with a cooling effect.
6) Use a oil-free gel type cream
This gives a cooling effect on your skin and controls greasiness.
Gel type texture gives a fresh finish to the outer layer, but at the same time, hydrate your inner skin. Here’s ingredients that contain a lot of oil so avoid products containing it.
- Sodium palmate
- Stearic acid
These ingredients cause pore blockage.
Although oily skin can clog pores and lead to increased acne breakouts, oily skin also has many benefits. Oil helps preserve the skin, and people with oily skin tend to have thicker skin and fewer wrinkles. The key is to strike a balance between having too much oil and maintaining your skin’s natural moisture.
so here we have covered the easiest way to deal with oily skin.. we hope it helps and also don’t forget to follow us on Instagram
Also Read :