Dealing with acne? Here’s things you should know.
Firstly, if you think there’s some magical potion to clear up your breakouts and give flawless glass skin, buckle up for this news cause that ain’t gonna happen. Sorry to burst your bubble but even celebs who invest a lot of time and money on salon trips and surgeries still suffer from breakouts.
This just shows that everyone deals with acne and breakouts at least at some point in their lives.
So let’s get this crystal clear acne is not a one-day problem it’s a daily struggle. Fikar not, fortunately, it’s noo trigonometry ka struggle. here we have covered Acne Scar Removal Remedies for Oily Skin in India which will help you to treat your acne in healthy and effective way
Hey, what’s your skin type?
Let’s start from here. Understanding your skin type is a major step while dealing with acne. We’ll talk about reasons for acne later so first identify what skin type you have- dry, oily, combination, and normal.
1.How to identify?
The most basic and simple way is to see how your skin feels right after you wake up or an hour after a shower.
- Dry skin: if your skin feels dry and stretched out
- Oily: you can feel the oiliness all around and if you take a filter paper and rub it on your skin it goes from opaque to translucent.
- Combination: most people tend to have this type cause let’s face it life’s not perfect. You tend to have an oily t zone(I.e., forehead nose and chin)
Your skin type keeps changing from time to time cause it’s moody (just kidding- there’s lotta reasons like environment whether hormones etc) so always know what your skin is feeling
2) What’s Causing Acne?
We all know it’s probably because there’s some event for you to attend and acne wants to be your date!
But seriously what could be the reason? Make this a guessing game and if you’re right you can say goodbye for that sudden breakout right away!
- Sugar much? There’s no proper evidence on how these two are related and how much of it is true, but haven’t we all experienced it already? Indulging in a lot of junk and excessive sugar triggers acne and makes persisting acne worsen. I know it’s hard but cut down on that sugary drink or extra oiled fries(yea, you know exactly what I’m talking about)
- Certain Medications- have you changed or taken anything new recently? Maybe that’s not good for your skin.
- Stress: maybe you were really stressed about that event and that’s why your skin broke out? Take a chill pill dude.
- Why hormones why?? Even if you’re having a good sleep schedule and eating right and having good workout sesh(which is great for you, kasam se) your hormones want to run wild and cause havoc. There’s nothing much you can do about this but at least you know it wasn’t your fault(wink).Also ladies, think about where you’re on your cycle and sometimes getting your period might cause pimples.
3) Saying Bye to Acne
Though acne seems impossible to get rid of(like that stubborn ex of yours) here are some small things you can do to not anger it.
- Switch to silk pillowcases.
Apart from giving you the Royal nawab vibes while you sleep silk absorbs less moisture and dirt and its frictionless surface reduces damage to your skin (it’s a win-win situation)
- Healthy lifestyle
I know it’s hard but it’s not impossible. Cut junk includes healthy food(increase protein intake, have some nuts, drink green tea). Find some time to work out or go on walks or jog.Even if your acne persists at least you’ll get a body you’ll feel more confident in(you can finally ask your crush out,yay!)
- Washing your face and care
You’ve already heard this a million times but are you doing it though? wash your face twice a day and use a mild cleanser(keep it simple with not many ingredients or fragrances).
Apply acne-fighting agents such as retinoids( for comedonal acne-blackheads) ,benzoyl peroxide(mild acne) , azelaic acid(inflammatory acne).
These agents might end up drying your skin a bit so it’s time to start using a good moisturizer. Make sure the moisturizer is non-comedogenic (meaning it won’t clog your pores) and for oily skin peeps find a moisturizer labeled “lightweight” It won’t make you feel extra greasy or oily.
- Dude don’t pick at your skin
We all know this but it’s still our secret guilty pleasure. The temptations are hard to resist but think about the glass skin you can attain and also stop putting your fingers(filled with dirt and bacteria) on your face. So resist, don’t react, and hopefully say bye to pimple attack( apologies for my PJ)
- Relax man, it’s that simple.
It’s hard when you care for your skin but your skin doesn’t care for you. Fretting over that zit won’t make it go away and stop thinking about what’s stressing you. Try meditating, yoga, pranayama, etc ( no it’s not a joke try karke fark deklo)
Home remedies for Acne Treatment
Even though this doesn’t work as good as cosmetic expensive spot treatments, at least it’s free and your skin will feel fresh and you’ll feel good(You get the pyramid scheme no? ) here’s some ingredients which I’m sure you find in your kitchen(if not, maybe it’s time to go shopping?)which you can include
- Besan(gram flour) : this is a magic ingredient for oily skin lovelies it makes your skin not so oily and gives you a fresh feel.
- besan with milk/rosewater paste: mix besan and take half amount of milk/rosewater, make a cute paste, apply it like a fancy mask, wait for it to dry up (15-20mins), and wash up. Walk out with refreshed face use it as a cleanser: if you’ve tried chemical cleansers and feel it’s only making your condition worse, maybe it’s time for you to take a break and use besan. Try it for a week and maybe things will get better
- Green tea:
Sureee drink green tea but do you know those tea bags are filled with antioxidants?
- If you want a mild effect, take a cotton ball and dip it in green tea(not the one you’re drinking!) And apply it all over your face and wash up
- If you have some time to get a little messy, open up that green tea bag(after you’ve used it) , apply it all over your face, and leave it for 10 mins(maybe now you can slurp on some green tea) and wash it. You’ve just added a load of antioxidants on your face and it’ll thank you for it
This anti-inflammatory anti-bacterial and antiseptic ( that’s a lot of antis there) might become your own secret for glowing skin. A lot of brands advertise having turmeric in their products. This tells even the cosmetic industry has its eye on turmeric. So why not give it a try?
- turmeric with milk/rosewater: you can try the same besan mask I told you and add a lil touch of turmeric
- Use turmeric with any other ingredient specified here.
- Aloe vera: though used since ancient times has somehow become trendy and popular over the years. Take this as a sign to finally buy aloe vera and you can be amongst the elite group who started using aloe and never turned back.
- Slice a juicy aloe leaf and slice out the thorns at the end of the leaf. Slice it open and you can see the transparent water-like gel (which will change your life!) Apply it directly onto your face and wash it after 30 mins
- Multani mitti(fullers earth):
This too like besan dries out the skin a bit so be a bit cautious. It basically removes dirt, extra sebum, sweat, and impurities from the skin. It cleanses pores and has cooling exfoliating properties (which is superb to tackle acne). Bonus it tightens skin as well.
- Use this along with any other ingredients specified here as a mask
Another beat having anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties is a tasty treat for your skin. It also soothes sunburn. I prefer Greek yogurt as it is easier to apply
- Directly apply yogurt to the face
- Use it with any other ingredients specified here
You can use all these ingredients individually or go a little DJ style and try to mix and match till you find a mix good for you. You can also add drops of lemon, a pinch of baking soda, and half a spoonful of honey.
Every skin is different so make sure you try everything till you find a good mix.
Acne Fighting Spot Treatment Creams
“yaar yeh home remedies to kaafi hard work lagta hai tell me something easy-peasy”. If you have money to splurge then buy cleansers, moisturizers, toners, acne-fighting spot-treatment creams, and here’s a list of ingredients you need to search for but beware cause over the counter (OTC) acne products cause redness, irritation, and drying especially for sensitive skin.
- Benzoyl peroxide: If you’re new to otc acne products and don’t know what to buy start with benzoyl peroxide. When you’re starting any new chemical product start with the lower strengths (percentage of chemicals) like choose 2.5% benzoyl peroxide over 10%. Most of the time the product works the same and there won’t be many side effects. Benzoyl peroxide is well tolerated by most people. It works by killing acne-causing bacteria, removes excess oil from the skin, and removes dead cells which might clog pores.it works best on red pus-filled pimples. Peroxide has a bleaching effect so be cautious. Less is more.
- Salicylic acid: to prevent mild acne (blackheads and whiteheads) and future breakouts salicylic acid is prescribed. It works by exfoliating skin and keeping clogged pores clear. higher concentrations of salicylic acid are used as chemical peel and it usually dries out the skin.
- Alpha hydroxy acids: these remove dead skin cells and reduce inflammation. the types of AHAs are lactic acid, mandelic acid, glycolic acid. These work quicker compared to other chemicals. Visible results can be seen within a week.
- Sulfur: sulfur removes the top layer of dead skin cells and is beneficial for blackheads and whiteheads, decreasing the redness and size of pimples.
- Tea tree oil: its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties may help with acne. it’s an essential oil and should be diluted when applied to the skin. Its generally used as a cleanser
- Retinol: this helps by getting rid of the top layer of dead skin cells and increasing skin cell turnover rate. It also improves the overall texture and tone of your skin.
- Bottom line: Educate yourself on what, why and hows of acne. If acne persists for months it’s time to visit a dermatologist. Think of improving your overall skin instead of spot treatments.
As naina says,tum jitna bhi try karo bunny, life mein kuch na kuch pimples aayega hi(last pj i promise). Toh jahan hain, wahin ka maza lete hain.