A tank weighing assembly is made out of a weight load cell that is annular in form, a supporting plate at the base, and components that are used in the mounting of load cells to protect it from the effects of heat and wind exposure.
Tank weighing systems can be made from existing tanks or newly installed ones. Weight data is provided to users through a digital indicator, on a computer setup, or even through mobile apps or SMS services.
Amongst the pedestals and the tank, load cells of needed capacity are placed. And the tank is put on these pedestals, and the suspension bellow is used to host the inlet and outlet. This improves the efficiency of the system. To avoid the low performance or interference by the pipeline, the suspension bellows are necessary for the outlet.
Load Cells And Why Are They Needed?
The number of load cells dictates the extent to which the pedestals can be there, which then influences the tank being put over the pedestals. The load cells can be adjusted if the system installment is new. But of the system installment is old, and the weighing system would be installed on the existing tank mounted over the pre-installed load cells.
Tanks with a lower capacity, the circular structure should be placed on three load cells. On the other hand, tanks with a heavy, rectangular shape should be supported with at least four load cells, as it stabilizes the structure of the tank well.
Systems can be installed by a tank weighing system manufacturer with the uplift support which provides extra stability to the vessel. Vessels can be fitted with indicators and controllers and modern tech which automates the whole process.
Some More Information On Weighing Systems
A usual tank or silo weighing system generally contains three or four load cells, which are attached to a weighing module, a weight indicator, and a junction box. The function of a weighing module is to check whether an appropriate vertical force is applied to the load cells, which prompts them to remain unaffected by any other forces making that the signal output remains the same throughout.
The individual load cells provide the signal to the junction box in a watertight way and produce signals in millivolt, and the combined mV from the load cells and this value is then transmitted to the input wires of the weight indicator or transmitter and the electrical noise is almost taken care of in this step.
Applications Of A Tank Weighing System
· Huge storage tanks
· The tanks can have stirrers, kneaders, and mixers.
· Dissolver agitation can also, be installed in the tanks.
· Tanks can have to react or heating features.
· The design of the tank makes it easy to install and maintain
Silent Features Of The Tanks:
· An installment in a relatively small space
· Protects lift-off
· Tanks can withstand a variety of temperatures.
· The tanks are resistant to vibration and extreme agitation.
· Ideal for batch processing when it comes to both solid and liquid
o Batch preparation is accurate for each batch, which is why indicators and weighing equipment comes in handy.
· Waterproof and flame-resistant indicators are also available by tank weighing system manufacturer as additional options.
Specifications Of The Tank Weighing Systems, You Can Invest In
· Capacity ranges from 1k, 1.5k, 2k, 2.5k, 3k, 5k, 7.5 k, 10k, 20k, 25k, 35k, 50k, and 100k in kilograms.
· Scaled output in the load cell: 2 or 4 mV/v.
· The combined error that you can face is <0.03% FSO.
· You can expect a non-linearity of <0.01% FSO.
· Hysteresis that can be expected s <0.02% FSO.
· Expected creep <0.01% FSO in 30 minutes.
· Expected non-repeatability is <0.01% FSO.
· The zero balance that can be expected is <1% FSO.
· Insulation resistance to be expected is >1000 megaohms at 59DC.
· Effect of temperature on zero is <0.01% FSO/Degree.
· Effect of temperature on output is <0.001% FSO/Degree.
· The temperature range that can be compensated is 10-50 Degree Celsius.
· The optimal operating the range is from 0 to 50 Degree Celsius.
· Load on the safe side is 100% of the capacity.
· Overload on the safe side is 150% of the capacity.
· Overload that can damage the equipment is 300% of the capacity.
Calibrating The Tank
For calibrating the system, a known weight of substance can be added to the system which is performed by a hanging weight test. In theoretical calibration, the mean sensitivity of the load cells in mV is determined, and the weight is then sent to the indicator.
What Are The Materials Stored In A Tank?
· Food and fruit juices
· Pellets of plastic
· Pellets of biomass
· Fertilizer in bulk
· Minerals such as sulfur, nickel, iron ore, and so on
· Paint with continuous agitation
· The powdered form of concrete
Many of the tank weighing system manufacturers will provide you with excellent services and it is up to you which one you wish to go with. Choose one that is capable enough to support the system weight you want and also falls under your budget.
Also Read :