After battling the coronavirus for 8 months, things have slowly started to relax in parts of India. Since March 2020, India has been under a strict lockdown to curb the spread of the COVID-19. And with June 2020, India went into the first phase of re-opening i.e the 'Unlock 1.0.' Currently, India is in the third phase of lockdown i.e 'Unlock 3.0' and is gearing up for 'Unlock 4.0.'
With each Unlock phase, the Government Of India brought in certain relaxations aimed at slowly reopening the country. Travelling has now been permitted by taking required travel permissions. Therefore, here is how you can take travel permissions in Mumbai in lockdown 2020
Mumbai is one of the major coronavirus hotspots in India. Therefore, there are comparatively fewer relaxations here as compared to the rest of the country. This is how you can take travel permissions in Mumbai 2020.
Can I Travel In Mumbai During Lockdown 2020?
Yes!!! You can travel to Mumbai during lockdown 2020. The Maharashtra Government has lifted the ban on inter-district as well as intra-district travel during the lockdown 2020. You don't need any permissions for intra-district travel.
However, you need to apply for an e-pass for inter-district travel during lockdown 2020.
HOW TO TAKE TRAVEL PERMISSIONS IN MUMBAI IN LOCKDOWN 2020?
Mumbai is one of the '11 Red Zone' identified by the Health Ministry of India after contributing to over 80% of cases in the State Of Maharashtra. However, the Mumbai Police has allowed traveling for people with 'unavoidable circumstances' by taking in the mandatory precautions. Here is how you can apply for an e-pass for travel permissions in Mumbai in lockdown 2020
- Visit the following website to apply for an e-pass: https://serviceonline.gov.in/epass/#
- Select Your State
- Fill all the mandatory details
- Keep all scanned documents ready with you before applying
- You will now receive a verification OTP on your registered mobile Number
- After successful submission of your application, an application number will be the generation
- Please NOTE DOWN the application number to track the status of your application/e-pass
- The movement e-pass will contain your name, address, validity, and a QR Code
- Keep a SOFT/HARD Copy of the e-pass with you in case you are asked to show it by any security personnel.
Which Are The Special Coronavirus 'BEST' Buses In Mumbai During Lockdown 2020?
The Maharashtra Government has lifted the ban off intra-district travel in the state. This means public transport has now started. The 'BEST' bus service in Mumbai during Lockdown 2020 too has resumed. The BEST buses started are to and from the following routes. Here are the special coronavirus 'BEST' buses arranged in Mumbai during Lockdown 2020:
- Bhayander Railway Station (East) to Andheri Marol Depot, Bus no.706 Ltd, (Marol Depot).
Vehicle Rules In Mumbai In Lockdown 2020
Only 1 person will be allowed to travel on a two-wheeler.
A 4 wheeler will not have more than 3 passengers
Masks are to be worn compulsorily for passengers using both two-wheeler and four-wheeler
Two-wheeler riders will mandatorily have to have helmets